Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
So, RNR half is an OK race, if you follow them on FB you can usually get a $13 discount on the 13th of any given month. LUCKY13 is the discount code.

It is pretty well run, and they've changed the layout/course so you're not running the last 2 miles with the sun pounding down you on the boardwalk - just one mile in the pounding sun. And the finish area used to be a huge bottleneck, they've improved that a lot over the years too.

It is historically a hot miserable day. There have only been two really nice years -2003 (I didn't run due to work) and 2006 (my course PR) I have run it 11 of the 12 years it's been alive, and have only gone under 2:00 three times. Last year I ran a 1:37 at Shamrock and a 2:05 at Rock and Roll. I just don't run well in the heat.

If you had the chance, get back some year for Shamrock - well run, cooler temps, better beer at the post-race party. Half usually sells out by Christmas so register early.

Cheers, Kevin
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.