No. of Recommendations: 0
So sorry to hear about that accident! But I am also glad he at least survived and will, hopefully, recover from this dreadful event.

Off topic, but sort of related...

As for people parking in "Handicapped" places, we have one of those plastic markers we can hang from the mirror (because I have a painful, arthritic right hip), and we are always amazed at how many people park there without any such card showing.

However, what appalls us even more is how many people somehow assume that they can and should leave their empty chopping carts in handicapped spaces!!! Why!? This often happens within a very few steps of clearly marked areas the stores provide where people SHOULD leave their carts!

Weird. Stupid.

We witnessed it just yesterday, after we parked in an adjoining space. My wife got out and commented angrily to the woman who had just left her cart there; the woman merely replied "What do you care? You have your place!" Then she got in, lit up her cigarette, and drove off.

She was one of the nasties. Thankfully, there are a lot of NICE folks around, too. I hope this family continues to receive support from such folks for a long time to come.

Vermonter
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.