No. of Recommendations: 16
So the tax cut increased your paycheck and you still got a tax return on top of that.

After the tax cut scam bill kicked in, my Facebook feed was full of cheering and fist-pumping from Trumpies who were all excited over getting another forty bucks a month in their take-home pay. I told some of them at the time they needed to adjust their withholdings. Not sure if anyone listened.

I do know that, over the past couple months, my Facebook feed has also lit up with those same folks complaining about their "bonus" in the form of an expected tax refund, which has either been significantly diminished or converted into a tax due bill. Guess who they blame it on? Government spending on social aid programs.

Stupid is as stupid does.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.