Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
(so this is where all yous' guys are hiding!)

Not so much hiding as moving to a better environment. Glad you found us.

As Oliver said, I think this vague annoucement has to do with an agreement on protocol. A common standard would result in more rapid acceptance. I would expect Nokia will follow suit. They have never tried to monopolize a standard before.

Isn't that market almost owned by Nintendo?

I'll bet some guys at Sony would object to that statement. Add to that Sony's handset presence, such as it is, and they are well positioned for wireless gaming. With Japan likely to operate the first 3G network, I'll bet there are loads of Japanese software designers drooling all over themselves waiting for this new medium.

I would guess head-to-head competition over the net is a given. Otherwise, just buy a GameBoy. Remember, the SPs are looking for revenue. What better way than having two(or more) people using your network for extended periods of time?

What exites me is wireless gambling. Siemens appears to be doing some serious work in wirless security, banking, bill-pay, etc. Roulette on my handset? It's coming. I don't envy the legal authorities the task ahead. The thought of millions of Chinese playing wireless Fan-Tan gives be goosebumps.

Those who dismiss 3G as a fad lack imagination.

seansan

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.