Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
So this means it goes away?

There are two types, acute and chronic. Acute is more common and likely will go away in a few months.

Is the potential bleeding treatable? Meaning, let's say she takes a hard shot to the stomach - if you rush her to the hospital, could they control the bleeding? That would be my concern - whether or not it would be a treatable event.

A head shot is more dangerous. It could cause bleeding that isn't noticed until it is too late. Think Natasha Richardson. In her soccer games, few players ever head the ball. I guess one way to look at it is how your child plays the game. Unfortunately, my daughter is an aggressive all out player who isn't afraid to take a hit. If we let her play, I would need to get the coach to move her out of her normal center midfielder position. She kind of feels that she needs to play since she is the leader of the team. Right now I'm kind of leaning towards holding her out for the first game to see her counts next week. If they get above 50, I'll not hold her back.

PSU
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.