No. of Recommendations: 2
So what do folks here think about a GME (GameStop) investment at this time?

It's a Blockbuster! 😇

The whole thesis is their exclusive toys will sustain them.

Their business model is dead and something new will sustain them... That's more gambling than investing. I'm reminded not only of Blockbuster but of Kodak and Sears.

the current market cap has dropped to net cash on hand, so the underlying company is being valued at $0

Mr. Market knows something. Like I said in the PSTG thread, GME is competing with all other stocks for investor's money and both are losers. While the secondary market sustains industry, the day to day plays are stock vs. stock, investors looking for Alpha. Follow the money. I never did buy GME and I sold PSTG in March.

If you are thinking long term, what will GameStop be doing in 2029 that makes it a good risk now?

Denny Schlesinger
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.