Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
so what in the heck do you propose to do with the smell?

Small farms don't have this problem. The effluent isn't a flood into a small river, and the smell is pretty much a non-issue.

Kill all the animals and force everyone to eat vegetables?

Are you purposely dim? I'm advocating for small farms. I like meat, I eat a lot of it. We can manage this better, keep small farmers in the black financially, and the surrounding communities happier.

What is it about you, that you can't see past a problem to a viable solution for everyone? Why do you immediately take the side of large monied interests and accept the status quo they want? Any why, oh why, do you make your liberal-commie-vegetarian-anti-capitalist assumptions based on a single phrase?

or like the oil refineries, are we headed towards a NIMBY attitude with respect to farms so as to not "offend" someones senses?

The day you volunteer to live near either one is the day I'll take you seriously.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.