Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
So what term would you recommend to disentangle Google from Doctors Without Borders?

I don't know - large multi-national for-profit businesses?

I know that's not very satisfying, but it's really only a narrow slice of 'corporations' - even business corporations - that are 'sociopathic in the quest for profits.' There's only a few thousand publicly-traded corporations, but there's literally millions and millions of corporate businesses out there. Most of them aren't sociopathic. They're just the corporate form of your local dry cleaner, neighborhood Italian restaurant, or dental office. Many of them are just pass-throughs - my psychologist wife and all of her psychologist friends/colleagues all do their practices under a corporate entity. And that's to say nothing of the millions and millions of special purpose entities - corporations that exist only to do a single thing, like own a single parcel of land for development purposes or hold the lease to a piece of capital equipment.

Albaby
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.