Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
So when do you think they're going to surpass Zoe in France? Or does the new Zoe model reset everything? In any case, it will be interesting to revisit this when we have September numbers, and even more at year end. Thanks for re-raising the issue!

Launching back into a very old thread, looking at relative sales of the Zoe and Model 3 in France.

EV Sales has released their December/year-end data for France:

http://ev-sales.blogspot.com/2020/01/france-december-2019.ht...

The Zoe had a strong December, selling 2,097 units. The Model 3 moved 1,250 units. Looking at the entire 4th quarter, we have approximately 5,900 of the Zoe compared to 1,650 units of the Model 3.

Based on this, I think I can answer the question posed above. I don't think the Model 3 will surpass Zoe in France at least until Tesla opens their European factory. With constrained production, Tesla has to choose what countries to allocate product to. All indications are that they're choosing to allocate product to Norway (where they sold 15,600 of the Model 3 this year) rather than France (where they sold 6,450 of the Model 3 this year). That's a very smart choice, BTW, given that the subsidies and infrastructure for EV's are so much more expansive in Norway than France.

It looks like Renault is going to be selling at least 18-20K of the Zoe in France (and likely more with the new model) going forward, and I just don't think Tesla has any business reason to allocate that much of its Fremont-produced inventory to France.

Albaby
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.