Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Bode Miller bombs, ladies take flight and no Bob Costas. I'm watching the 22nd Winter Olympics. What are you up to?

Fuskie
Who finds it ironic that Icelanta is having a colder winter than Sochi, Russia...
Print the post Back To Top
I'm enjoying the games. I find I'm rooting just as hard for Canada as I am the U.S.. Poor Bob Costas. It's painful to watch him. Glad Matt Lauer filled in for him.

I've liked all the freestyle skiing activities. Team figure skating was a joke. I'm ok with with previous winners not doing it this time. It happens.

Overall....a good watch.

Charlie
Shaun White should have never have let Delilah cut his hair. He lost his mojo.

Fuskie
Who has been impressed with (and a little bit scared of) the USA Women Hockey Team...
No. of Recommendations: 1
I don't have cable, so I'm stuck watching the NBC broadcast. Once again, I am reminded that I really hate Mary Carillo. Why does NBC force us to watch her vacation movies?
It's called human disinterest stories.

Fuskie
Who notes part of what NBC pitches to the IOC to secure the rights is a package of stories exploring the people and culture of the host country, and as well there is a segment of the population that enjoy the extra dimension to straight sports reporting...
Once again, I am reminded that I really hate Mary Carillo. Why does NBC force us to watch her vacation movies?

Well sadly, there's no tennis in these games, so they got to do something with her.

Charlie
Who notes part of what NBC pitches to the IOC to secure the rights is a package of stories exploring the people and culture of the host country, and as well there is a segment of the population that enjoy the extra dimension to straight sports reporting...
==================================================================

I've always liked the cultural aspects reported, but it really needs to be in the hands of someone who can do it - like Matt Lauer, since I think that's all he's good for.

Charlie