Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
It's my understanding that H.R. # 5, a bill to eliminate the Forfiture of Social Security is being discussed in the SU.S. Senate this week. I saw that on the www.senate web site. I did not hear anything in the new about this today. Does anyone know about it. I have been asked by my ex-employer to do some part time work, but don't want to forfeit next years SS payments.

Tom Outman
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Tom, and welcome. You wrote:

<<It's my understanding that H.R. # 5, a bill to eliminate the Forfiture of Social Security is being discussed in the SU.S. Senate this week. I saw that on the www.senate web site. I did not hear anything in the new about this today. Does anyone know about it. I have been asked by my ex-employer to do some part time work, but don't want to forfeit next years SS payments.>>

The bill has not yet been passed and sent to the President for signature. If it does get enacted, it will eliminate the earned income forfeiture for those age 65 and older who draw a SS retirement benefit. Chances look good that the bill will be enacted, but a lot can happen before it is.

Regards..Pixy
Print the post Back To Top