Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I filed for an extension on April 15 because I think I have made an error in computing my taxes this year. (My refund was a LOT more than it was in 2003, much much more than I expected. So I just wanted time to verify it.) And while I know it's stupid to let the IRS keep my refund for so long, I've just been way too busy for the past couple months to deal with it. So I think my extension expires this Friday (right?).

My questions are:
1. Can I get another extension?
2. If so, how? (Please be specific. I'm really stupid about taxes, as you can probably tell.)

Feel free to make fun of me -- I deserve it. ;) I am going to try to be more on top of things next year....
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.