Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
SoftSimp writes:

But there was a whole lot of information packed into that package. Like I said, not all of it was good (the legal forms were especially bad), but there were also some real gems in there that I didn't find anywhere else. And the little program that helps you determine whether or not a house will cashflow has been invaluable - it (and my home inspector) saved me from making a huge mistake on a double that was in fairly bad shape.

Different people learn in different ways. For me it was books, lots and lots of books. Some of the better ones I have practically destoyed through constant use. They are among my most prized possessions. Books have to be one of the best bargains available. For a relative pittance, you get to pick the brains of experts in any field imaginable. Just a single idea in a used paperback can make (or save) you thousands of dollars.

Regards,
FMO
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.