No. of Recommendations: 0
I'd like to hear opinions on a problem my DH has run into with a company he was subcontracting for. This company (ETP Inc.) had a contract with the federal government to provide psych. services. He was doing a few hours a week for a few months. Before any paycheck arrived, he was informed ETP was "sold" and another company (Danya) has been awarded the contract. Danya has made good on paying for current work hours, but the hours under ETP have still to be paid.

He received a letter last week from an individual (owner of ETP?) warning that the involvement of attorneys and lawsuits will further delay payments, and that there are hopes of "beginning payments" in about 6 months of 50 cents on the dollar.

The local Wage and Labor office says as he was not a regular employee there is nothing he can do, short of hiring a lawyer. As the amount owed is only around a thousand, it seems not worth the trouble. However, as the "CFO" of the household, I'd like to see a better return than the tentative 50%. Argh.

Any ideas?
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.