Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
sold my CAKE for a 40% profit. Just too much, too quit. Not going to get greedy and putting down the plate...I don't need more. Still think CAKE beats ZM via my poll, but since my goal was around $30 for CAKE and it came pretty close a heckuva lot faster than expected, I am pocketing the gains in my 401k.

Pared a bit of T, and a tiny bit of ESTC, to lock in some of those gains.

My two growth plays, ESTC and LVGO, were up today along with all my value/bounceback plays.
Bounceback plays have been awesome the past two weeks or so, but time for me to build cash back up.

Market may be great and forward-looking, but to think there are no bumps in the road with the real-world economy seems far-fetched to me. I am ok with missing out on some gains...feels too much like gambling with momentum run amok. None of this action (except perhaps ESTC with their continued good performance per valuation relative to their peers) seems fundamental-based.

There are still pockets of stocks well-off Jan/Feb levels...like airlines...but for good reason. I see no sane reason to bid them up to where they were yet...still a lot of risk out there.

SPG is another one to look at, and may add. Found some good stock-pickers on Twitter that I want to follow a bit. One has a hybrid Saul/bounceback hedge approach, which I was kind of doing, just with growth stocks I felt were a bit more justified in valuation.

I continue to wait for a SaaS rotation of note...might take months, but if/when it happens, I expect it could lead to a 20-30% rise in my port if I time it right.

Dreamer
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.