No. of Recommendations: 1
I have been managing my account without any assistance from MDP for the past few months. I sold my shares of Nike today. Like the person or not, I was not happy that Nike was willing to put me and my shares on a side, so I left. Anybody else?

Strick9
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Your call but that’s not a move I would have made. First, I don’t think Nike picked sides. We are all on the side of America. Second, if Kapernick can sell product, I’m good with that. Every athlete has fans and detractors (right now I’m pretty ticked off at my starting pitcher) and I trust that management made a well researched decision.

Fuskie
Who strives to avoid making knee-jerk reactionary investment decisions...

----
Ticker Guide for The Walt Disney Company (DIS), SodaStream (SODA), Live Nation (LYV), Mongo DB (MDB), CME Group (CME)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post (tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure)
Fool Code of Conduct: tinyurl.com/FoolCode
Warning: This post was composed on an iPad and is subject to autocorrect.
No. of Recommendations: 0
I dumped them.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Just to add another thought ---- while I don't like the actions of Kaepernick and would have preferred Nike not insert the company and shareholders into it, the issue is not so big that it taints my willingness to keep the stock. I have had many cases where I have had to "hold my nose" and look the other way when buying or deciding to hold a stock when ancillary events were of concern.

That said --- what I find most annoying is that in this case Kaepernick is inexplicably made out to be a martyr while the NFL owners are villified. It reflects such a blantant misunderstanding or perhaps ignorance of the First Amendment. I don't think NKE can be faulted for any of this.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Thanks for the replies and opinions. I know there is no right or wrong answer to this and each of us must decide what to do. I still believe Nike is by far the best in class but I just decided to be on the sidelines for now.

I miss the guidance and discussion that MDP offered and still have not found a replacement. The other Fool options feel like they are to far in their process for me to jump in and start again just to have them close the service down with no real warning.