No. of Recommendations: 12
Hello all -

I have been fighting with random disconnections from my home wifi router. I would set up my iPhone and my work laptop with the SSID and password, and they would work fine. Then, anywhere from a few hours to a few days later, they would no longer be able to 'see' the network. My workaround was to unplug and then reconnect the router, but that was annoying.

I recently went into the admin panel, and noticed that a few weeks ago while I was in there...*erm*...fixing things that weren't broken...I checked a box that said "Enable Channel Scanning". When that box was checked, the channel selector became disabled.

So my theory is that when you check "Enable Channel Scanning", the router tries to monitor traffic on the various frequencies, and moves around when it finds a less crowded frequency. That, unfortunately, seems to have left my wireless devices 'stranded' on the old channel.

I turned off Enable Channel Scanning, and have not had a problem in 4-5 days, so I'm hoping that this fixes it, and I figured I'd share the tidbit in case it helps another Fool.

Of course, now that I've posted this, I'm sure when I go home tonight it will be broken again. ;)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.