No. of Recommendations: 0
Alright, you guys know how to do it less expensively, so I'm appealing to you all for help.

I have a watch whose battery is dead. I have forgotten where I bought it, but it wasn't Target, and they are telling me they cannot replace the battery for me, although they'll sell me a new battery if I just tell them what kind. They say that they don't want the liability if they scratch the watch trying to get it open.

But they were happy to loan me a tool for opening it. Fine. I'll do the thing myself. Well now I have a very scratched up watch with the old battery still in it. I couldn't get the back off to save my life.

This is a nice Seiko watch, but now it is worthless unless I can somehow get it open (doubt it). I quit wearing it when I quit working, but occasionally I think it would be nice to have a watch when I want to be on time with friends. Otherwise, it doesn't matter much.

So what are my options? Should I just buy cheap disposable watches? Trouble is, you don't know how old the battery is when you buy it.

I'm not fond of having things touch me, so I don't want to wear something around my neck and really don't want to wear a watch on my wrist, but that's the least offensive. Maybe I should just carry a clock around with me when I'm going to need to know what time it is. ;-)

Any ideas?

- tmeri
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.