Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi...first time post. As a recent investor in CVS (and I use and like the stores) I'm wondering what the company has in mind for soma.com. Here in New England, I'm hearing really good radio spots for drugstore.com, but nothing via any medium for soma.
Seems to me drugstore.com already has a great advantage with its name.

Anybody know what CVS is planning to do with the recent acquisition? I'd certainly like to see some upside.

Laurie
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
From reading the various press releases and listening to my pharmacy supervisors at CVS, the company intends to further extend their prescription distribution capabilites through Soma.com. A customer would have the capability to view their prescription records, have prescriptions filled via the internet, have access to a pharmacist and other health resources. Through Soma.com, CVS would also be able to extend their services into areas in which they currently have no stores located. I, myself, am very eager to see how how significant of an impact that internet pharmacy will provide to CVS. The company feels that the Soma.com purchase gains them valuable time ahead of the rival drug chains in becoming a significant force on the internet. I hope that this helps to answer your questions.

mrrx
Print the post Back To Top