Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Some analyst's report reads:
Price: 312p/US$8.01 (ADR)

First, what is the actual price he's referring to?
Second, what is ADR and the ADR Ratio (he referenced it on several occasions)?

Hi DariaSofi!

I've noticed your question here has 'languished' for some time today and I'm a little surprised no one has replied!

I first thought; why would a Sr. Financial Analyst ask for an answer that Some analyst's report has given? Then I noticed from your Profile you are an BBA, MBA -present under School(s) Attended so I 'presume' you are a student presently... is this correct?

Job: Sr. Financial Analyst
School(s) Attended: Georgia State University, BBA, MBA -present
Investing Style: Mutual Funds

Anyway, back to your quandary. I don't know where the 312p/US$8.01 (ADR) price came from or for what date. I do understand what ADR means (American Depositary Receipt) which you can find here:

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/adr.asp

A negotiable certificate issued by a U.S. bank representing a specified number of shares (or one share) in a foreign stock that is traded on a U.S. exchange. ADRs are denominated in U.S. dollars, with the underlying security held by a U.S. financial institution overseas. ADRs help to reduce administration and duty costs that would otherwise be levied on each transaction.

This is an excellent way to buy shares in a foreign company while realizing any dividends and capital gains in U.S. dollars. However, ADRs do not eliminate the currency and economic risks for the underlying shares in another country. For example, dividend payments in euros would be converted to U.S. dollars, net of conversion expenses and foreign taxes and in accordance with the deposit agreement. ADRs are listed on either the NYSE, AMEX or Nasdaq.

As for the actual values I 'presume' the 312p to be GBP or United Kingdom Pounds converted to United States Dollars, however when I used a Currency Converter at http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi it gave me a different value below.

Live rates at 2008.05.22 23:30:36 UTC
3.12 GBP = 6.17823 USD
United Kingdom Pounds United States Dollars
1 GBP = 1.98020 USD 1 USD = 0.504999 GBP

Does this help you understand what you've asked above?

Regards;

~hildy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.