Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Some bitchy lady in the registrar's office insisted that a student deferment is only good for the weeks when class is in session. The "SCH" form asks two pieces of information: the dates of class attendance and the anticipated graduation date. This person decided that this was an "either/or" choice of the school, rather than that the government is looking for BOTH pieces of information.<i/>

can you imagine how many people got screwed over by this lady? How many students took her word for it? Someone should call for an all out audit in this situation.

This is really scary and just goes to show, that you should never take anyone at their word. investigate for yourself and collect information from different sources, and extrapolate the best possible answer.

Lady I, really wishes she knew then what she knows now. (maybe I should start a Student loan advice program. Or just send everyone here...to this board.)

BTW...maybe we should re-name the board, How to get back at Sallie Mae without breaking the law! :)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.