Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
So I took my profits in ADNT this week given the market's unfavorable reaction to their news, and I have put money in health care for the first time in a long time.

UNH - yes, you all have probably owned it, it's done great, I know lots of smart people in the name. They continue to execute and raise the dividend, not much for me to add here.

Also, I have purchased a small basket of 3 small-cap biotechs, one of which is in the news today w/r/t pricing. I think the pace of innovation in the sector is going to continue to increase, not decrease, and I think there are some overlooked and unloved and beaten down names where there is little-to-no coverage or analysts have written the whole firm off after one failed trial.

I screwed the pooch buy not buying ALNY end 2016/last year when it was cheap and I'm not making that mistake again this year. It's biotech so it'll be volatile and these names could go up or down 40% at anytime but I like my risk-reward ratio, about 3-1 and I'm starting small and will scale up due to the aforementioned vol in the sector.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.