Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Some Spruce notes if anyone's interested:

As I mentioned before, I bought the Spruce Maestro system at the end of May. There were three (I think) offerings from Spruce at that time and the Maestro is the top of the line. They have since discontinued the lower options and you can only buy the Maestro now.

When I bought my system, I decided to purchase the 5.1 option at a later date (because of the expense) but have since been offered projects where I need it. So, I called my Spruce rep to discuss it and he said that Spruce is only offering upgrades of that nature for 30 more days and then that's it. Apple's putting a stop to Spruce spreading their seed.

I don't know how I feel about this as I just spent an enormous amount of money on their system but I guess I'm happy to see Apple entering the field. My rep said that there WILL be an upgrade path announced next year when I'm guessing Apple will have some sort of offering on a G4 tower instead of Windows NT.

I certainly won't be objecting to that.
rpgui
--------

side financial note
apple paid 20,000,000 in cash for spruce
[blue]
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.