Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 17
Some times special companies doing special things you can give a longer leash. Eg Tesla or Amazon or Zoom or Nvidia or Shopify, truly unique world disruptive companies. Note: I’m using these as examples not specifics to make my point.

This said, what makes Fastly so special, unique, must have? How are they disrupting and changing the world?

I see yet another CDN (yes, maybe they do things better. I don’t know. But switching costs were not much if TikTok is an example) that is planning to do the same on the edge (like so many others are).

So this also said, does a Fastly deserve a long leash when (correct me if I’m wrong) it is a technology provider not much different than multiple others, who is also growing slower (materially so) than say a NET?

Doing so during a period of time when remote and content delivery is skyrocketing at that.

So from this perspective, what makes Fastly special enough to argue so fiercely for it? I’m not saying it sucks (no, it has a good business going on). I’m merely saying it does not appear to be that rare special one of a kind world changing business that justifies a long leash and such passion for it.

Succinctly let me know why I may be wrong here.

Tinker
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.