Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 3
Someone had suggested that I have the CPA do the taxes again this year, and then I do my own taxes also. The problem with that is that he charges $1200.

You might want to check to see if the charge will still be $1200, now that you no longer have the rental homes. Generally, the more complex your return is, the higher the price. Since you return will be less complex, I would expect the price will decrease.

If you decide not to use the CPA, I would still recommend that you seek out VITA or TaxAide if you qualify.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.