No. of Recommendations: 14
Someone just sent me an off board email to tell me that he thought Sean's portfolio post might be inappropriate because some of the stocks in his portfolio had also been MF Australia picks. I was shocked that anyone would think that. Almost all of the stocks we discuss have been MF picks at one time or another. How could they not be.

What is off limits is saying that "ABC was just recommended by MF Australia/Rule Breakers today", or yesterday, or something like that. It cheats the Motley Fool and it cheats paid subscribers.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with discussing stocks that have been also recommended by the Fool, if you don't mention that they are a recommendation.

There is even nothing wrong with saying that the Fool recommended something in the past. (ie, for me, "When the Fool recommended Shopify two months in a row in 2016, it really caught my attention and I jumped in."

Usually mentioning a recommendation that is a couple of months old or more is fair game, as they get discussed on the Fool's public stock articles, and members have had a good chance to react to the recommendation.

Saul
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.