Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Someone should start a pool on how many times it updates after downloading it. Buying it now sets the price paid but unless I had an easy tax return(which I don't), I wouldn't be counting on many of the numbers. I will allow time for updating any time I open it ;)

Makes sense, and for any tax preparation software, not just TurboTax. I happen to use TaxAct, but it has the same problem, of course. Until the bozos in congress get the tax laws passed, and their self-contradictory mistakes discovered and remedied, the IRS cannot even produce the necessary forms. And until the IRS produces the necessary forms, the tax prep companies cannot complete their software.

I have downloaded my TaxAct software and installed it. Just to be sure I could, since I got a new computer for it with Windows 10 in it last year. In the past I used it in Windows 7. Once it was installed, it checked for updates; I forgot if it got any. I then started it and it found last year's return and copied over my stuff from there (my name, d.o.b., marital status, s.s.n., etc.) They do not have the stuff for my state taxes yet.
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.