No. of Recommendations: 12
http://grist.org/news/comically-evil-coal-honcho-could-face-...
Our old friend Robert Murray — the coal company CEO who made his miners go to a Romney rally and appear in a Romney ad instead of working for pay and who makes his managers donate to his political action fund — is in the news again. This time, it’s because people are suggesting that maybe it is not legal for Robert Murray to force his workers to be in political ads or to donate to his PAC.

PF
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Heh heh:

We feel entirely confident that the powers that be will quickly swoop in to fairly assess any potential wrongdoing and hold this politically connected individual to account, particularly under a Romney administration. He, like the bankers at the heart of the financial crisis, will be held accountable for any malfeasance, and quickly change his behavior.

And then coal will be clean and climate change will be stopped and I will buy a unicorn on sale at Big Lots.
No. of Recommendations: 0
And then coal will be clean and climate change will be stopped and I will buy a unicorn on sale at Big Lots.

When did Big Lots start carrying unicorns? I've had to order mine over the internet. . . still waiting for delivery.
When did Big Lots start carrying unicorns? I've had to order mine over the internet. . . still waiting for delivery.

Call my good friend, Prince-in-exile Nagombi of Nigeria. He'll track down your unicorn. He may need your credit card number to verify its status with the shippers, though...

--FY
I found this clip quite interesting:

<<...The complaint also alleges that the company reimbursed employees for contributions to the PAC by giving them monthly bonuses personally approved by Mr. Murray. >>

First, the miners are coercised into donating after-tax funds, and then are "reimbursed" through taxable bonuses. What is wrong with this picture, not counting the illegality of the entire scenario.

Donna