No. of Recommendations: 0
Sometimes I'll go back into "yesterday" just because I think "maybe I'm crazy and I saw that yesterday" but it's not there, either.

This is while Safari is running fine (no crashes), and you aren't using Private Browsing part of the time, right? Just checking the obvious things.

Sometimes I get messed up because I have viewed the same thing again. So if I looked at 5 kids jackets on craigslist yesterday, and then revisited one today, that one is shown as today, and not with the other 4 listed yesterday. So it's only listed once.

Another problem might be for sites that hide your links in one way or another. So a place like stockcharts.com might have a generic URL even if you pull up multiple tickers. Or something like a cached page by google, where the actual page you are interested in is within a frame on the page.

Other than those, or not remembering the exact name, I haven't had a problem with Safari putting a page into my History. I have had times where I have trouble finding it, so I go to History->Show All History, and then use the Search textbox up near the top. That lets you search by parts of the URL or title, and often that helps me out. I do that both for History, and for bookmarks if I am having trouble finding them.

Hope that helps. Good luck

Aaron
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.