Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
Bought an '18 GT3. Don't tell anybody.

xtn

PS - Oooooh, I also got a session as a passenger in a Radical SR3. So. Much. Fun! Didn't expect anybody to pass us, just a lot of us passing others. And that's how it was most of the session. But on the very last lap, an R8 comes screaming by us. Got back to the paddock and asked around about the R8. Turns out it was an IMSA GT driver in his LMS car doing some testing. Well, I guess that explains how he caught us, huh?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Bought an '18 GT3. Don't tell anybody.

Drool...

What color? And what's gonna happen with the lotus?
Graphite Blue

Looks just like this one: https://goo.gl/images/7gpLoQ

The Exige is currently in my garage awaiting a lot of TLC from me.
Beautiful car!
I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are a lot of words I could use to describe a GT3. Fast. Exciting. Fun.

But beauty isn't one I'd use. I don't think it's one of the prettier cars around, although it's definitely one of the best to drive. It's not ugly, either. I'd call it more of a "meh" look. It was a mildly interesting look 50 years ago. Today, it's just the Porsche look. Not good. Not bad. It is what it is. It's a Porsche.

--Peter
No. of Recommendations: 3
I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are a lot of words I could use to describe a GT3. Fast. Exciting. Fun. But beauty isn't one I'd use. I don't think it's one of the prettier cars around, although it's definitely one of the best to drive. It's not ugly, either. I'd call it more of a "meh" look. It was a mildly interesting look 50 years ago. Today, it's just the Porsche look. Not good. Not bad. It is what it is. It's a Porsche.

As the new owner of this car, I agree with that assessment in the visual sense. I'm not particularly enamored with the basic shape of the car, although neither am I put off by it.

I do think that within the scope of dealing with that basic shape, they have done a decent enough job of fleshing out the details. I like the proportions and curves of the side windows. I like the rear wheel arches. I like that they didn't add a lot of whiz-bang for its own sake (there is some, but it isn't excessive).

But mostly I find beauty in the engineering and the results of it. I'm the kind of person that will prioritize getting the alignment right over avoiding rock chips in the paint. The way it drives IS the beauty to me.

xtn
Porsche Taycan for the future?
Porsche Taycan for the future?

Um...no. What gave you the impression that I would be interested in an electric sedan? I'm definitely not the target demographic for that.

xtn