No. of Recommendations: 1
(Sorrry, for prior msg only partially sent. Here is the whole msg)
Hi tpoto and Charley.
I agree that this SOS Screen looks very good on Jamie's backtester, but I am having the same problem as other backtest screen results that I have looked at on Jamies backtester , 
in  comparing the results to the weekly rankings posted by Bill2m. 
When I go back to past stock picks, say from last Fall2018,  and compare  to the listing from contemporary weekly postings, I find they often do NOT  match up and result in completely different stock picks. 
Since one is relying on the the  Backtesting site to evaluate how good a particular screen might be, it bothers me that the backtest screens results do Not match up well (in retrospect) with the same
 contemporary stock picks for the same screens that are posted .  
Jamie's backtest stock picks and numbers look excellent for this screen, so would be interested to see actual selection criteria that used in the backtester (which are the criteria we would like
 to actually use since the did well on the backtest engine, but they do not appear at the top of the screen results (similar to when one creates a completely New back test on Jamies https://backtest.org/SB from scratch.  When a screen is created here , the screening criteria DO actually appear at the top of the page, along with the other screen statistics.)
But for the standard screens used (such as the screen created above),  only the general name of the screen appears. 

For Example,  for this particular SOS Screen that was posted Feb 1 on msg 273274: 
Most of the stock picks selected by the backtester do not even appear on the stock picks posted for the same screen for same corresponding weeks last Fall2018, and I would think for consistancy sake
  that they should closely match. 
I have seen this happen in a number of the different screens posted. 
so I wonder if different databases are being used, or just where the differences are actually coming from, so that the screen from the backtest engine are reliably reproducible.
Also wonder if others have noted this issue in past, and if they have had problems replicating the backtest stock picks from their data based (like SI-Pro, etc).  

1-Oct-18
backtest.org  BACKTESTER_SOS	BHR [-8.68]	 WTI [-22.97]	 LYV [+1.90]	 HOS [-32.50]	 KLXE [-6.27]	 BVX [-18.08]	 REGI [+1.72]	 MCFT [-15.04]	 HURN [+8.02]	 TPB [+3.08]

Screen pick stocks reported on Bill2m weekly listings Sept29  msg 271963:
Value_at_the_Top	BHR	KLXE	REGI	NRZ	CIEN	UTL	ADES	NCMI	SKM	MSGN
Gentle_Screamers	WTI	MCFT	TPB	NXEO	EC	MTRX	NE	MBUU	BCOR	CEO
GS_Mungo	        GCO	SRDX	BR	RMR	AZPN	XRM	MEDP	ANSS	VRSN	LXFR
GS_Mungo_Voom	        GCO	SRDX	RMR	BR	AZPN	XRM	MEDP	ANSS	VRSN	ADBE
GS_PCF	                FBP	RMR	WCG	ADUS	SNE	WTI	UVE	MTRX	MBUU	CYBR
GSX	                FF	WTI	EC	KT	MCFT	MBUU	LRN	BRSS	VIAB	ORCL
GSX2	                FF	WTI	EC	BOJA	KT	ATKR	MBUU	ABR	FDC	HPQ

OR  
5 Nov 2018
backtest.org BACKTESTER_SOS	IMPV [-0.31]	 PACB [-0.65]	 CIEN [-1.49]	 ECYT [+0.42]	 IPOA [+0.00]	 VCYT [-4.55]	 KDP [-1.13]	 ARII [-0.60]	 CIM [+3.50]	 KRYS [+12.28]
Screen pick stocks reported on Bill2m weekly listings Nov 4  msg 272383:
Value_at_the_Top	CIEN	KDP	CIM	ESIO	LUKOY	GHC	NYMT	ESRX	FCE.A	GLP
Gentle_Screamers	AUDC	ABCD	NTWK	EVTC	DECK	KDP	BURL	CIEN	OFG	SMPL
GS_Mungo	        ORLY	DISCA	AAP	EBS	VALE	BPOP	FBP	UAL	KSS	SMPL
GS_Mungo_Voom	        ORLY	AAP	DISCA	EBS	VALE	FBP	BPOP	UAL	KSS	OFG
GS_PCF	                FBP	NTWK	AAP	KSS	SMPL	DECK	VALE	CIEN	UAL	EVTC
GSX	                NTWK	ESIO	ABCD	SBH	KDP	MSGN	CCE	DECK	HPQ	UAL
GSX2	                NTWK	ESIO	ABCD	SBH	GTN	DENN	KDP	CCE	FN	HRB

Lester
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.