Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Sorry for resurrecting a topic that petered out months ago, but what exchange rates did you use to translate Nokia's results (in Euros) to the $ figures below? In particular, did you use a different exchange rate for the 99Q3 and 98Q3 data, or the same rate for both?

Brent,

Basically what I did was take all the figures that were listed in Euros and multiply them by the conversion factor that was listed in the earnings release (1 EUR = 1.037 USD as of September 30, 1999). I didn't really want the figures to get totally skewed by using two separate exchange rates (one for 1999Q3 and one for 1998Q3), so I just picked the most recent one and used it. That way, all the figures show up in US dollars so that the analysis can be as close to an "apples to apples" comparison as possible.

Hope this helps.

the LanceMan
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.