Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 11
Sorry I'm late to this party, folks. I never saw Sant's email to me because I had to shut down my email account for a while because so many Sirius holders were sending me viruses and signing me up for spam.

I'm not looking to get into a whole thing, here, but a couple of the charges Sant has made deserve some kind of response.

First off, there is no Fool policy of bashing Sirius. When I submitted my query on Sirius, all I got from Fool HQ was an OK to write it as I saw fit.

Next, my article was not about XMSR, and as such I did not get into XM's financials. I don't have those numbers in my head, but my gut feeling is that, at current levels, XM is a pretty risky buy too.

Finally, I'm not sure if it's in this thread, or over on XM, or just in the million accusatory emails I received, but many have made the age-old charge of my owning some stake in SIRI or XMSR. I own no position in either. No Long, no short, no options, nothing. If I did, it would be disclosed in the Fool article.

I won't bother responding to the insults except to say that this is a community where diverse views are encouraged and appreciated. We can disagree without hurling mud at each other.

Seth Jayson
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.