Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Sorry, right bloke, but I got the saying wrong.

Ya, close enough I'll give you that one.

No never said ANZ had topped out not even once, let alone 3 times.
Well that still stands I said ANZ was looking soft on 18/12/01(the 1st posted link). In fact it closed at $17.10 on the 17/12/01 which is the data I made that observation on. Never did I say it had topped out, so lets correct that.

"seems like you've been shorting the banks since ANZ was $14
One of those ones where what I say is not what you think I said.

Sure I understood your word useage, but I needed to correct your misperception , as I wouldn't like you to think that perception is correct in any way.

Well you've probably made good money on ANZ short already then?
Well I'm in the money just ,my first target is $17.00. I will look to add to some of the banks ,the weaker ones but, I'm not sure which ones yet maybe not ANZ I'll decide after the first correction (if of cause that happens)

Yes JR I know what you are talking about. I saw it yesterday before I wrote my original reply. If the ANZ trend stays intact it will look insignificant. Maybe we can both be right. You can make money on your shorts and the ANZ trend can stay intact.
Who knows maybe the price will bounce off $14 and I could make a bundle on $14.50 calls.

Yep I can't argue with you, the above is possible. The uptrend longterm in ANZ is so far intact & will take a major sell off to break it. But I feel that the battle of buyers & sellers will cause flucuations that can be traded with the chance to be short at the right time & really benefit when/if that major sell off comes.

Your link didn't work for me
Which one ? & I'll check it out.

JR

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.