Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Sorry, should have been more specific-My mid cap and small cap index funds would be the Vanguard offerings....and if the international fund did not appeal to you I'd look at t-rowe's financial, energy, and science & Tech fund and compare their 10 year track records and pick what I was most comfortable with...or simply redistribute the 10% into the other funds as described earlier...

As for financial planning- I have never used the Fool's. I think I'd rather go with someone I could meet with face to face-a fee per visit planner with no ties to a single company would be what I might look for. Do not go with someone who is paid commision or who work for a mutual fund company-they will be biased towards their products, good or bad, and if they get paid per transaction they will have you trading WAY too much!

An even better suggestion if you have the inclination would be to read several books on the subject and educate yourself. The Coffee House investor is a decent 1st book, The Four Pilars of Investing is another. Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover is a good money mangement book and his web site has a book list of suggested reading as well.

Just some more food for thought

Dave
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.