No. of Recommendations: 1
Sorry to get off topic a bit for this board but this is kind of related and definately follows an investment theme. Please forgive my intrusion and indulge me. Your thoughts are encouraged.

Natural gas is being touted as the new cash cow in northeast Wyoming's Campbell County. It is a part of the boom that is sweeping the Rocky Mountains.

Off topic? This is perfectly on topic, I think. It is also of special interest to me for a number of reasons. The work I do serves the power generation industry. I write software to monitor stack emissions and I am watching an enormouns number of gas-fired turbines being permitted and constructed. Also, my mother worked for Exxon for 15 years and both she and my son hold Exxon (XOM) stock. I know a little about exploration in Texas, but I am very interested to learn about the energy industry in Colorado.

My mother explained to me that in Texas, natural gas is often found in porous rock formations and is extremely difficult, (expensive), to extract. They don't even try unless prices go up enough. What you are explaining sounds like Colorado's going to get a huge windfall from the current situation. I sure hope some of that money is spent building better roads. Let's spring for some guard rails up in the mountains! And let's put in some reflectors on the curves and paint some stripes and maybe throw in a few street lights here and there. Sorry, now I'm the one going OT.

Were you going to tell us how WE can make money from all this?

Miriam
...opportunity knocks...

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.