Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
Sorry to have offended you so...

You start off badly. No, you're not at all sorry to offend me, and it's very transparent. Are you a compulsive liar too, or something?

...You told me the same thing, in quieter words, in private e-mail.

I guess it wasn't so private after all...what were you saying about "classlessness"? You must have been lip-synching something.

No one else, save you, jps, has told me "You don't understand the place", so, in effect "shut up".

No, no one else save me, you're right, and since then I've learned that the course of most wise men is not to respond to you at all. You got me on this one, I shouldn't have told you anything privately, ever.

Others on this board have apparently found at least some value in what I have said even if you have not:

http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?mid=14320425&bid=111777&sort=username

So, you're a Hampsterdam recslut. So? That's our audience that's reccing you, Mr. Deejay, not one of your own building. Me, I don't give a damn if two-thirds of them don't like this board, even if they hate it, even if they hate me--what I can see is, we have some sweat equity in the Fool too, and they recognize it, and wherever we go, they don't seem to stop reading us, and we've had a pretty productive dialog along the way even if it is rife with tension most of the time. If you think all those recs are what determines value and merit, then verily I say to you, you have your true reward.

I have never reacted well to petty tyrants or dictators and I'm not likely to start now.

Hardly a tyranny to be merely armed with logic and rhetoric and a keyboard. There are no marching orders here. While this is a space I did indeed create, it is also a space to which I'm vurrrry indifferent these days, and of course I don't have to be around you if I don't want to be. I do think that if there's tyranny present anywhere, it's in the [f]ool who is insistent on bashing into a community room with crashing cymbals and a ridiculous lampshade on his head and a sanctimonious attitude in his mouth.

I really don't like to get into smelling contests, and especially one in which the other contestant starts off as a reeking skunk. So just have whatever last word pleases you, and then lay off of me, if you can.

jeanpaulsartre

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.