No. of Recommendations: 0
Sorry....I pasted too quickly. Here's the real answer.

Greetings, Barrya, and welcome.

<<After a period of fulltime employment, I returned to contracting. However, the company I accepted a contract with required I become an hourly w-2 with a company on an 'approved' vendor list (while I go through the process of becoming 'approved').

Regarding retirement programs:
· What options do I have for tax-exempt retirement savings programs? (I participated in an employer sponsored 401k for 5 weeks at the beginning of the calendar year and invested approx. $1500).>>

As a W-2 employee, you may only use an IRA limited to $2K per year. It may not be deductible due to your participation in the 401k this year. If your Adjusted Gross Income is $30K or less (single filer) or $50K or less (joint filer), you can deduct the contribution. Part is deductilbe above those amounts through $40K (single) or $60K (joint). None is deductible above those limits.


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.