No. of Recommendations: 1
Sounds like your wife is a lot like mine. She has a mind of her own. If even suggested such a rule she'd get a sad unhappy look on her face and get real quiet, even quieter than she normally is.

That rule just wouldn't fly in our house. A few months ago I asked her if she could go through one box of flim-flam and papers a week and get rid of it and I was thinking after a year she would have gotten rid of 52 boxes. You know how many boxes she's gone through and gotten rid of? Zero.

I understand completely. I've tried various ways to encourage a little bit less hoarding or a little more sorting an tossing. There is just something that makes it almost impossible for her to get rid of things. We have cardboard boxes of stuff in almost every room of our house that was never unpacked since we moved in 12 years ago. Some of it was never unpacked from the move before that. Every room has piles of stuff sitting on the floor and stacked on every flat surface.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.