Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
sounds very intriguing

I think it may not be well suited for someone like you. Most issues are thinly traded often with bid-ask spread in 10c to 15c range. the exceptions are public storage preferrds'. However, the opportunity to make real yield in that is limited. I keep my trading between 1000 to 1500 shares since even that either takes few days to get filled or I end up moving the market :) Patience is the key and I do this mainly because of lack of liquidity at times you get a good price when there are motivated sellers or buyers.

I monitor about 120 issues and most of the time only 5 or 6 issues are worth even looking further. Also, when Bernanke announced possible rate hike the market went into a tailspin, dubbed "tapper tantrum". Given a possible Fed Hike in the near term, there is a potential for lots of volatility.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.