Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm going to make reservations for the Hickory Pit on Friday night, March 3, 2000. I'd like to have a "show of hands" of who is going to be able to make it that night so I can give the restaurant an accurate number.

Kaleido181 - Yes
Nocalgal - No
CCSand - Yes
Sunlite717 - ?
Merlin27 - ?
jgspitz - Yes
Antrimdell -?

I'll make reservations under the name "Fool" so you will all be able to find the table when you arrive.
Is 6:30 pm an acceptable time?

Please let me know!

CCSand
Print the post Back To Top
What I wouldn't give to be in the South Bay at the Hickory Pit Friday night;>) Livin' in SO TEX but thinking about SO CAl...hope you all have a wonderful time.

John
6:30 is a great time. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

- kaleido
CCSand,

Please post the address and phone # for the Hickory Pit for those of us not real familiar with the area.

Thanks,
John
Would like to attend your event at the Hickory Pit at 6:30pm this Friday. Both myself and my spouse will attend. (Don't know the address yet, but will check some old postings).
Reservations have been made for the South Bay Gathering this Friday night, March 3, 2000 at the Hick'ry Pit in Campbell, California. Reservations will be in the name of Fool!

The address is 980 E. Campbell Avenue, Campbell, California. The telephone number is 408-371-2400.

Take the Hamilton exit off of Highway 17. Drive south to Bascom Avenue and turn right. Drive for a few blocks until you get to E. Campbell Avenue and turn right. The restaurant is on the left hand side of the street. It is an almost immediate left after you turn onto E. Campbell.

Currently attending:

Kaleido181
jgspitz
CCSand & husband
silja & husband

See you all there!

CCSand
Ooops! Make that silja + wife. Sorry Bob!

Dinner reservations are for 6:30 pm

CCSand
Whoops!... wrong South Bay.

Here in Los Angeles, "South Bay" refers to the coastal area lying between Los Angeles Airport and Palos Verdes. Your latest posting identifies the site of your event as Campbell, which is near San Francisco Bay. Please cancel our reservations. Sorry for the mixup.
silja wrote:

Here in Los Angeles, "South Bay" refers to the coastal area lying between Los Angeles Airport and Palos Verdes. Your latest posting identifies the site of your event as Campbell, which is near San Francisco Bay. Please cancel our reservations. Sorry for the mixup.

Los Angeles has a bay??? Since when....! <g,d&r>

Your reservations is hereby cancelled.

If you're ever up here visiting a real Bay, let us know! <grin>
Silja,

Don't feel bad, I have a Fool friend in Long Beach who is interested in getting together with some Fools. I almost e-mailed her to attend this event also, until I checked some profiles and found them to be in NORCAL.

How pompous of some people, just because they have a beautiful bay, they think it is the only one. LOL

We do meet every month in Orange County and list the dinner dates and times on this board, you and all your rowdy Fool friends are always welcome.

alke
It's comforting to hear from alke that we weren't the only Fools to be mislead by NORCAL's outrageous attempt to hijack the term "South Bay"!

Thanks for the invitation to the OC dinner dates. In fact, we would have made the OC Feb Dinner, except that we live in West L.A. and discovered its posting only 1 hour before the event began.

We are also interested in starting a "Westside Fools" group. (See our 2/27 posting.)

silja
No. of Recommendations: 2

We are also interested in starting a "Westside Fools" group. (See our 2/27 posting.)

Get thee Downtown, WorstSiders! Leave your hopelessly gridlocked streets and your shameless retail markup culture and head due east on the 10 for 28, anytime, any night, just post here or at Martini Club before you come. 28 has a valet, you know. $3.75 buys complete security, and you can make it from Century City easier than you can make it down Sawtelle to your '50's Mar Vista prefab. And your Audi A4 is much safer here than with that crazy sumbuck at Flint who wants to charge you $7 for grinding your manual into an automatic.

jeanpaulsartre
Hey... we DID try Engine Company No. 28 last Friday, around 5:30 to 6:30pm. The hostess was unaware that Fools met there, even though she is a fan of the Saturday radio show. (We probably should have tried the bartender). The spouse and I even risked a punch in the nose by going person to person down the bar, asking whether they were Fools!

Next time we'll try an advance post to "Folly in California".
No. of Recommendations: 1

Hey... we DID try Engine Company No. 28 last Friday, around 5:30 to 6:30pm...The hostess was unaware that Fools met there, even though she is a fan of the Saturday radio show...Next time we'll try an advance post to "Folly in California".

I'm sure if you ask simply for Joseph rather than "a fool" you will get a much better result, perhaps even personal history. But also know that sometimes Cousin drags me to the Bonaventure Brewing Company for the odd firegold. This happened on Friday last.

BTW, nobody knows us as "Fools". They know us by name, or as "the guy who always has the Bitburger (BBC) or the guy who always has the sapphire dry martini (28) or the guy who sometimes has a Lillet Rouge (28 while teetotaling).

And hell, it's 6 pm. I hear a dry one calling.

jps