No. of Recommendations: 13
SP analyzes,

Perhaps the lack of a state income tax explains the attraction of Washington state. Gates moved Microsoft to Seattle from Colorado, and Bezos moved to Washington State to start Amazon.

Taxes, you know. Important!

</snip>

Absolutely! Gates mentioned taxes in the article. (Though I suspect not in the way you think. <LOL>)

https://www.fa-mag.com/news/the-simple-strategy-fueling-the-...

That may start to shrink if politicians heed his {Gates'] call for higher taxes.

“I doubt, you know, the U.S. will do a wealth tax but I wouldn’t be against it,” he said in the interview. “The closest thing we have to it is the estate tax. And I’ve been a huge proponent that that should go back to the level of 55% that it was a few decades ago.”

Inequality has become an explosive political issue with America’s richest 0.1% controlling more wealth than at any time since 1929. On Tuesday, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation released its annual Goalkeepers report. The study seeks to monitor and aid the progress of the United Nations in achieving in its Sustainable Development Goals, which the foundation says are being hindered by persistent inequality. The report called for greater investment in health care, education and technology to help reduce inequality worldwide.

</snip>

Bill Gates recalls his meeting with the "Dear Leader"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY7byG1YGwg

intercst
Print the post  

Announcements

This is a Politics Free Board
Politically charged posts are not permitted on the Metar Board. If you make a political post, and it is alerted, the post will be removed. Thanks!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.