No. of Recommendations: 3
SP:

As part of some recent threads here, I went back to look at some of your posts during the 2016 election season. It seems you were quite prescient. First is a greyling post followed by your spot on response:

<<As we move forward, I expect a bit more of that, but at some point closer to Nov 8 things will break firmly in Hillary's direction. >>

<It's always wise to celebrate the triumph of your candidate BEFORE the election has a chance to dampen your expectations.>

<<All conservatives do is hate.>>

<Oh, my! I'd say that there has been PLENTY of hate by liberals for Trump and his supporters. It's been amply displayed on this board for months.>

Then you responded to another greyling who was suffering from some amnesia and an inability to see irony when it is right in front of them. The bolded part is particularly interesting given what has transpired since 2016:

<<You may not like what Democrats stand for, but they aren’t engaging in widespread official vote suppression, chanting that should their candidate win her opponent should be tossed in jail, promising to prevent any Republican president from filling vacancies on the Supreme Court, suggesting that they’ll try to impeach their opponent as soon as he takes office and trying to use the FBI to win the election. >>

<Oh, boo hoo. Hillary herself was part of the effort of the House of Representatives to impeach Nixon and force him out of his elected office. For half a century, liberals have been more than half the effort to flood the country with illegal immigrants and stuff the ballot box with their votes. Democrats have warred against numerous Republican nominees to the Supreme Court. You have used the Supreme Court to re write the constitution of the United States. You poor babies!>

You showed how easy it was for those to engage in the very behavior that they accuse the other side of doing. Prior to the election all we heard was about the horror of Trump supposedly not accepting the results of the election. Just how many reasons is Hillary up to trying to excuse why she lost an election that was supposed to be in her back pocket?

One could easily go through posts both shortly before and after that election to see plenty of nastiness towards those with alternate opinions. Now one could argue that if the board exists to primarily advance a specific POV that those with a different POV would or should stay away. You and Tele seemed to be the two primary posters there who did not share the liberal values. For some reason, there are countless posters who have no problem coming here and insulting people who do not share their opinions. It's funny how that works, No?

In the course of my looking at posts from late September 2016 to shortly after election day, I came across plenty of posts that could have been Fool Alerted for personal attacks or incivility (not that they would have actually been removed by management). I admit that I did have to release some of the posters from my ignore list in order to read what they wrote. After reading a few of them, it was apparent why I put them on ignore in the first place.

The only post of mine that I could find was in a thread where Dr. Ben Carson was being ridiculed and mocked for not sharing the expected set of opinions of a black man. I commented that they were being racist, something that was routinely said by visitors here whenever one publicly disagreed with an Obama policy. The board did not share my opinion. It became obvious that the exercise reaffirmed my choice to stay away from a place that was incredibly uncivil.

BG
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
You have used the Supreme Court to re write the constitution of the United States.

What's the rewritten section?
No. of Recommendations: 8
<<SP:

As part of some recent threads here, I went back to look at some of your posts during the 2016 election season. It seems you were quite prescient. First is a greyling post followed by your spot on response:

<<As we move forward, I expect a bit more of that, but at some point closer to Nov 8 things will break firmly in Hillary's direction. >>

<It's always wise to celebrate the triumph of your candidate BEFORE the election has a chance to dampen your expectations.>>>

That's very kind to go back and observe who might have been on the right track before the election.

Here's another prediction:

Democrats had a goodly success in the 2018 elections because they were united in their hate for Trump/

That has already deteriorated, and Democrats are busily hating each other these days as ever. That bodes well for Republicans wining back the House in 2020 and re electing Trump to boot.

I continue to suggest that Trump will appoint four people to the Supreme Court before he leaves office.

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 5
<<You have used the Supreme Court to re write the constitution of the United States.

What's the rewritten section?You have used the Supreme Court to re write the constitution of the United States.

What's the rewritten section?>

I'm still trying to find the right to gay marriage in the constitution ----or a right to aboprtion and such. The judges say it's there, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 1
The constitution should ban mispelling :)
No. of Recommendations: 2
"The constitution should ban mispelling :) "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Where is the phun in that?

Hooowie52