Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 8
Space X: not profitable

I wouldn't be so sure about that. If not now, they will be soon. More than 10k Starlink customers are happy to pay $500 for required equipment plus $100 a month, even though they are in beta, and there are over 500k customers who have put deposits down. And even with all the Starlink launches (over 1,600 in orbit), only 26% of their payloads are for SpaceX - the other 74% are for paying customers https://www.spacexstats.xyz/#payloads-customers They were able to get NASA to sign up to fund a big chunk of their next development phase when they were awarded the Artemis contract, although objections have been filed. That said - with their reusable hardware, they are certainly able to do spaceflight more economically than many others, and therefore, are getting a lot of business.

AJ
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.