No. of Recommendations: 9
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/9888042/S...

I doubt the proud Spanish people will submit to the years of impoverishment, life crippling youth unemployment, and general humiliation and suffering prescribed for them by Berlin, Brussels, and their now-ruling Partido Popular. However, I have been puzzled as to how the "revolt" would take place, as the Spaniards have had their full of civil unrest (see Orwell's Homage to Catalonia for starters).

The linked story reports that firemen police locksmiths are enacting on-the-spot civil disobedience and refusing to help evict people from their homes. The idea is spreading. It could spark enormous change and the collapse of the current synchronic death march.

I can easily see a mass movement of social solidarity spreading, especially in defiance of the 'needs' of the long-time utterly detestable hated corrupt mortgage holding 'cajas'. And of course, the cajas are acting with idiotic zeal and stupidity so as to have the funds to be able to pay their loans to the not-at-all-innocent German and English Banks.

So no one is confused, I adore the Iberian peoples, but abhor (way to weak a term) their political and hereditary ruling caste with its 5 century long record of corruption, short-term thinking, bureaucratic azz-covered hideboundness, crowned with staggering heights of arrogant idiotic stupidity.

david fb
<making sopa castellana tonight!!!>
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.