Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
So I don't normally catch Ellen Degeneres's talk show but I saw a teaser for the last one and had to record it just to see this dog.

The whole theme of the show was dogs, in fact. She had some show dogs, big dogs, little dogs, Paris Hilton was on with her chihuahuas, etc. But I fast forwarded through most of it to get to the World's Tallest Dog.

He is a great dane named Gibson and stands 7 feet(!) tall on his hind legs. So cute. But HUGE! I think they said he weighed 170 and looked larger than that, actually.

I can't find a link to the Ellen show excerpt but here's his story in his local news: http://www.local6.com/news/5182294/detail.html

sjfans
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1

He is a great dane named Gibson and stands 7 feet(!) tall on his hind legs. So cute. But HUGE! I think they said he weighed 170 and looked larger than that, actually.

Goliath easily comes in at 6'5" on his hind legs, as imp can verify, and weighs in at 140 down from 155.

What usually shocks people the most is that he is still such a big baby and gets his feelings hurt soooo easily.

Definitely. Spoiled. But he was that what when I got him*.

RJ

*that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Wow, I'm actually kind of surprised that at 7 feet, this dog sets a record.

My ex had a male Great Dane that weighed in about 160, and was taller than my 6'4" boyfriend at that time by more than an inch.

He was a great big pussycat, also, such a sweet dog. Smart, too.

Marianne
No. of Recommendations: 1

RJ

Riiiiight.

You keep one side of your sleep number bed set to 20 for him, don't you?
Goliath easily comes in at 6'5" on his hind legs, as imp can verify, and weighs in at 140 down from 155.

What usually shocks people the most is that he is still such a big baby and gets his feelings hurt soooo easily.

RJ

As I'm a cat person, I really don't know much about dogs. I like them, I'm just terrible at handling them much.

About two-three weeks ago, I was in and out of a client's office (very low key and friendly) when two people came in with what I think is was a Great Dane (I'm terrible with breeds, but I did a quick google for pics: I think it was a Great Dane). Walking on all fours, their puppy was about 42" tall (not sure). She was two years old and somewhat shy, but happy. It also seemed she wasn't too comfortable with relatively penned in places as that office is one of those seemingly maze-like cubicle setups, tight hallways, etc. I walked in behind her and she looked a little uncertainly and underconfident. One of her owners talked to her, indicating that she's a little overwhelmed with being surrounded with so many new people.

Even though she could easily stand taller than me on her hind feet, she really struck me as a very well-behaved young child. I'd daresay she was happier, affectionate, and better behaved than most human children I know. Beautiful disposition and sweet.

$IQ