Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
T's count it two so far; he has to run into town for more tags tomorrow before going back out (and by "town", I mean the stop-sign-on-the-highway near the farm). No buck yet.

I just had the baby this weekend, so Little Sis and I (her kids were with their father) went to a couple of the churches that were having bazaars yesterday. I didn't get anything, but it was fun to wander around. And the baby batted his eyes and showed his dimples so much, it wore him out. Stopped by the 'rents when we got done, confirmed with Dad that we'd be catching TransSiberian Orchestra again this year*, then came home for a nap. After nap, groceries.

Today it rained. Then sleeted. Then rained a little more. So I had a pot of coffee for breakfast, made the baby a poptart, and didn't go anywhere until it was time to pick up the big kids. Oh, totally took a nap today, too, and made stuff from the freezer for lunch *and* dinner.

impolite
looking forward to a freezer full of bambi

* Total 80s hair band-ish, loved it, totally gonna do it every year just because
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I need some Bambi too. Can I get the hookup?
No. of Recommendations: 0
Sure! Once he's got it all processed I'll spot you some.

Yay! Bambi!

impolite
Not to be all high-maintenance, but I am interested primarily in ground bambi and perhaps a little bit of bambi jerky - not a ton, though because it is hella salty.

YAY! BAMBI TACO SOUP!
looking forward to a freezer full of bambi

Lucky him. So far my freezer is empty. I will say that part of it is my own damn fault. Last week in muzzleloader season, I watch two separate sets of four does eat acorns about 10 yards from me. I never picked up the gun. I was looking for a buck that may be following the groups. I forgot the saying "you can't eat the antlers". Now I'm going to start shooting the does.

PSU
didn't see any deer this weekend but did see a bobcat
confirmed with Dad that we'd be catching TransSiberian Orchestra again this year*,

You know they usually practice and start the tour here.

I just scored tickets for the first time, row 9*. Date night. I'm really looking forward to it! ;-)

Always ;-)
Hunzi

*Had to buy 3 tix for the good price, and CollegeGirl was offered the 3rd, but she already has plans for the midnight startup of Twilight with her friend. Silly girl.
No. of Recommendations: 1

I just scored tickets for the first time, row 9*. Date night. I'm really looking forward to it! ;-)

I really enjoyed it! It's a looooooong show, so go easy on the soda. :)

impolite
BAMBI TACO SOUP!

This entire thread is making me a little ill.

But it sounds good!

MOI
Just out of interest.....

Over here in England my best mate manages a piece of woodland. He pays the land owner for the rights to manage the woodland. He shoots menace birds (that eat crops) and squirrels and also manages a herd of deer shooting different animals during the particular seasons.

In all they take around 55 animals a year which they pay to be butchered and then sell on to cover their costs.

Is it like that in the USA or can you shoot whatever you like where-ever you like? Do you have to manage a herd properly so you are taking males at one part of the year, does at another and bambis if there is a glut one year?

They also have a big underground tank which they use to get rid of the bits of carcas they don't need. An animal is quickly cleaned and the useless bits thrown in the tank to rot down. He said it's a good place to get rid of a spouse as no-one knows it's there and things rot very very quickly in it! :O)

Simon