Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
1 step forward, 2 steps back...

Now that I've removed the handicap commode seat from atop our toilet, he always remembers to put the seat up to pee and down for me afterwards :-)

He still gets confused when I cough loud and it awakens him. About an hour ago I coughed, he jumped out of bed, grabbed his jeans, ran around the house, doesn't respond to my voice, so I have to get up and bring him back to bed. Luckily this only happens maybe twice a month.

I now plan a load of laundry for him to fold while I fix dinner to keep him out from underfoot :-) I don't have a load every day, so I try to do it when I have a more complex meal to fix. Yesterday I microwaved leftover chicken paprikash, so no problem. Today I'm fixing spaghetti squash w/mushroom-sausage sauce, so laundry day it is!

Buying him a Norelco shaver for Christmas was my best idea in ages. No more cuts or blood on my white bathroom towels, no more having to hand him shaving cream and dealing with razor blades. I got a cheap model with just 2 buttons--on.off and to lift the top for cleaning. I clean it a couple times a week, so he just needs to remember the on/off button. Which he does. Score! No shaving cream means not using it instead of deodorant, too ;-) Also shorter showers as he never shaves in the shower now. He could wet shave with the Norelco, but I ain't telling him.

He occasionally needs reminders to put on pjs rather than get in bed in his clothes, belt and all. And unless I lay out his clothes in the morning, wears what he wore the day before, including the same underpants, which he wears under his pjs. eh. No longer bothers me.

He comes back from his walks on time every time. That missing-hubster thing was a one-off. So far. DS is looking into tracking devices he could wear. One issue is that he can;t wear something that requires the wearer to push a button or talk. Maybe I need James Bond's Q to put a tracker in his shoe or ID bracelet ;-)

He's becoming a bit less interested in TV (eek!) and no longer works on models. He spends hours a day just sitting near me, looking arund the room (and occasionally getting up and touching/moving things). Which is OK as long as he isn't gibbering and interfering with my reading, writing, and 'rithmetic.

My master toilet won't stop running, and I don;t know how to fix it, so I shut off its wsater valve and had to wait a week for my handyman. He only forgot once not to pee in the master toilet, which is better than I expected. In order to do so, he had to remove the pile of stuff I put on the toilet to discourage him. I tried pouring in a bunch of water, thinking it would go down, but it didn't. Thank goodness Will is coming this afternoon! And too bad I'm too stupid to be able to do a simple toilet fix. I used to inow how, but toilet innards are different than there were years ago.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.