Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 15
... a clear (... and clinical) case of "genuis behind stupidity", right?<ggg> Trouble is that you are missing a pivotal point with this statement: ... American people, ... more than on average, simply are not interested in those that speak smoothly, ... those who use real words, real arguments / postulates, those that speak reason, ... or those who actually can talk! More than on average, the American people of today, ... instead, would rather listen and celebrate those who can speak their language, ... and speak badly! [... current POTUS comes to mind here, ... but I am digressin'<ggg>]. But, ... you don't have to agree with me on this irreverent opinion, ... you really don't!

C.

wcaseym: Truly, this is the second time you disappoint me, recently.

I know you foreigners feel superior to us stupid Americans ... we are morons and cowboys ... but the last time I looked at reality, our standard of living was pretty good, and the last time I looked we had an entrepreneurial class that is no where close to all you smart non-Americans. And the last time I looked at our inventions, we were doing pretty good.

And for all our failings, I still see people wanting to come to this country and not the other way around. And the last time I looked, most foreigners like to invest in the U.S. stock market and not the other way around. Otherwise, why would the world keep giving us money if we are so stupid?

I know we don't know much about world history, or know much about art, and I can see why to some we are rather uncouth.

But…. twice in the 20th century we went to Europe, spilled our blood ... for the sake of that 'advanced civilization' called Europe, to save their asses from falling back into the pit of darkness ... the last time I looked Kaiser and Hitler were Germans and not Americans. And had it not been for "stupid" Reagan, Europe today would be licking the Russian boot.

You know why the devil was defeated by Jesus Christ? … because the devil was so arrogant that he could not understand the mentality of a humble God. How could so much power be humble? Do you know why people like you keep being confounded with America? …. Guess it … you are smart enough to figure out.

Madame butterfly

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.