Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Spending less. Usually take nice trips around the country. Gone one third the time. Motel stays and gas for the car and meals out for me (dinner and quick lunch).....

In late April from TX to Traverse City MI...followed two weeks later to Dayton OH for big gathering.

Neither happened this year

big trip in early August now canceled. Ham radio events not going to happen this year.

Things are beginning to open up a bit in the middle of the country but not it's tornado season in OK, TX, KS, AR, NE, IA and other places I'd like to go......and I'm still not too keen on motel stays but they aren't likely too risky and you run into very few people. Some restaurants open but most still likely have 'take out'....so you can haul dinner back to motel room. That leaves filling up tank and that's not a problem with a left over newspaper bag on hand - to push pump buttons and lift/hold the pump handle.

Too many yahoos probably in any open restaurants.....too....celebrating their 'freedom'.

But as a senior over 70, I'll think I'll still wait a bit.....

I'm venturing out for a meal or two now. Breakfast at the Red Truck Cafe. Opens 7am Sunday. Grabbed paper and headed there. First/only one in door at 7am. another person came in at 7:20. A couple at 7:40. Place seats at least 100....so 20-25 feet between us. Left at 8am and headed home.

Eat dinner out Wednesday at Joe's Pasta and Pizza - about the same number of folks at place at 4:45pm.....maybe 3 or 5 others in large place -- 20-30 foot separation. now the Red Lobster and Steakhouse are pretty well filled up to max capacity of 50% on Friday and Saturday night I'd bet....steer way clear of them.

t
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.